Embrace Buffalo's winter months with the Winter Warrior Program! The Winter Warrior Program will keep you active, outside and motivated with a supportive and encouraging group during the long Buffalo winter. The Winter Warrior Program is open to all fitness levels and runs from December 7th through February 27th.
New this year, ALL Winter Warriors will receive the limited edition 2017 Winter Warrior Mug to add to their collection and an exclusive long sleeve technical Winter Warrior Shirt to wear all season long!
Program Dates: December 7th 2016 - February 27th 2017
Program Goals: Keep you active, outside and motivated with a group during the long Buffalo winter
Program Cost: $23
How the Program Works:
The Winter Warrior Program is an incentive program to keep you active and outside enjoying the winter weather. Check-in and participate in weekly workouts and races to earn points. These points will earn prizes (and bragging rights) along the way. Let's layer up, lace up your trail shoes and have some fun this winter!
- Attend any of Fleet Feet Sports free weekly workouts and earn 5 POINTS every time you participate
- Mondays 6PM: Fleet Feet Sports
- Wednesdays 6PM: Fleet Feet Sports
- Complete any outdoor running race in the Buffalo area during Winter Warrior and earn 1 POINT
- Extra Bonus Points if
As a Winter Warrior you will receive:
- A technical long sleeve Winter Warrior shirt exclusive to Winter Warrior participants!
- A special Winter Warrior Mug with participation
- Prizes and incentives for attending workouts and earning points
- Fun events and themed workouts
- A warm place to start and finish your workouts
- Weeks of winter training to keep you motivated through the holidays and in shape for the spring
- Exclusive Winter Warrior newsletters to keep you up-to-date with themed workouts, events, point options for the week, leaders of the week, and products
- Camaraderie and support for workouts during the winter!
Point Values and Prizes
50 points: A handy gadget from one of our great partners!
100 points: A prize you will always be able to keep near!
125 points- $10 Store Voucher
City to City Challenge - Which city has the best Winter Warriors Buffalo or Rochester? Based on highest percent of participant participation at store workouts.
- Once you sign up there is no opt out, you’re in! (Sorry No Refunds)
- You are responsible for creating your FITVIL account. No account no points create your account here: http://www.fleetfeetbuffalo.com/training/fitvil
- You must be responsible to check in via FITVIL with your scan tag to earn your points at Fleet Feet Sports Sponsored events and runs.
- You MUST do the prescribed workout for the day – no checking in and heading off to do your own workout!
- No starting early, nor late. A group workout means workout out with a group. Love each other!
- For themed workouts, only those in the Winter Warrior Program are eligible to win contests.
- For evening workouts we require a headlamp and reflective clothing!!! Bright colored clothing always recommended! Safety First! (You are subject to a point deduction if safety standards are not followed.)
- Follow rules of the road and proper running etiquette at all times.
- NO WHINING!
- NO selling, buying, bartering, giving, donating, stealing, bargaining, haggling, negotiating, swapping, trading (or equivalent to these words) for points.
- Absolutely no whining about the prize you earn. You accept it, thank the person and smile.
- Read the Winter Warrior emails. It’s your fault if you don’t know something
- Absolutely no spiked/studded shoes inside ANY store.
- You must support each other through this endeavor…yes you can do the mini chastise because you have more points, but in a manner to entice the other to want more points.
- You must have fun, fake it if you have to, but fun is to be had by ALL!
The Rochester winner will be crowned on Friday, February 24th. The Buffalo winner will be crowned on Leap Day Monday, February 27th
City to City Challenge – The city with the largest percentage of attendance will be the Winter Warrior City winner! A fun celebration awaits for the winning city!
Let’s all be Winter Warriors, so layer up, lace up your trail shoes, get your snowshoes ready and let’s have some fun this Winter!!
Questions about the Winter Warrior Program? Contact Lauren at Lauren@fleetfeetrochester.com
Winter Warrior Program More Info »
Program Start: Wed, Dec. 7th, 2016
Program Fee: $23