- 1/4 cup basil
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 avocado
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fat-free mozzarella, shredded
- 1. Halve each cherry tomato and finely slice the basil leaves.
- 2. Toast each piece of bread.
- 3. Slice the avocado in half and remove the pit. Use a spoon to remove the avocado flesh from the skin and place it into a bowl. Add the chopped basil and pepper. Mash the ingredients together with a fork.
- 4. Divide the avocado mixture between each piece of toast, spreading a layer onto each piece.
- 5. Add tomatoes onto the avocado cut-side-down. Divide the shredded mozzarella between each piece of toast and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
• Heat the toast under a broiler for 1-2 minutes until the mozzarella is melted for a gooey, cheesy treat.
• Get creative: You can include corn, lime, and jalapeño for Mexican inspired toast or cucumber and sesame seeds for an Asian inspired meal.
• If your avocado is ripe but too firm to spread easily, puree it in a blender or food processor with the basil leaves.
Nutrition Information :
- Servings 4
- Serving Size 1 slice of toast
- Calories 188
- Total Fat 8.7g
- Saturated Fat 1.3g
- Cholesterol 1.2mg
- Sodium 177mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5g
- Sugars 5.6g
- Protein 8g