Do you have experience running or walking marathons and have a passion for sharing your knowledge and experiences with others?
We are currently looking for experienced runners to become one of our famous Pace Group Leaders for our Half & Full Marathon Training Program. Our premium programs would not be possible without our premium Pace Group Leaders! If you have a passion for helping other achieve their personal athletic goals in a positive, organized, and fun environment, and love Fleet Feet Sports, consider becoming a Pace Group Leader.
What is a Pace Group Leader?
A Pace Group Leader (PGL) is a valuable resource to our training program participants and an "on the road" representative of Fleet Feet Sports. As a PGL, your main responsibilities include: providing support and guidance to your group, offering positive energy and a positive attitude to the group, on road safety support, keeping an assigned approximate pace while running, and educating participants about the benefits that Fleet Feet Sports offers. A PGL is a training tool for the participants for the fact that you can provide personal experiences, wisdom, and other general tips when it comes to training for half marathons, full marathons, and other road events.
PGL travel around to different locations each Saturday. Runs start on Saturdays at 7:00 or 7:30am (time depends on daylight savings).
- Has run at least 1 marathon (Marathon Pace Group Leaders)
- Has run at least 1 half marathon (Half Marathon Pace Group Leaders)
- Able to attend majority of group training runs and walks (this will be discussed in further detail if you’re selected).
- The understanding that the training focus is on the participants, not themselves
- Can maintain a desired pace or has access to GPS watch for pace guidance
- Can attend a mandatory training seminar at Fleet Feet Sports (Date/Time TBA)
- Is a people person and desires to help others achieve their goals
- Has an email account and is willing to use it for training purposes
- Has a strong understanding of the Fleet Feet Sports business and/or has been a customer of Fleet Feet Sports in the past
NEW PGL PERKS for 2017:
*Filling out this application does not guarantee you will be a Pace Group Leader. We will select PGLs based on experience and knowledge. Please send questions to Dana Dobinski: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete access to the Half & Full Marathon Training Program and all of the same program perks as paid participants!
- Preferred pricing on Speed Camp and UrbanFIT training groups while you're in session
- PGL long sleeve shirt - spring session
- PGL tank top - summer session
- PGL short sleeve shirt - fall session
- Special in store savings during current session PGL shopping days (offered 3 times a year; once each session)
- Special pricing on adidas footwear for current session PGLs (offered once each session)
- PGLs will be considered first for pacing duties at the Rochester Regional Health Flower City Half Marathon (April 30, 2017), Shoreline Half Marathon (July 15, 2017) and the Rochester Marathon (September 17, 2017).
- Warm fuzzy feeling from knowing you made a difference in someone’s running
- If you commit to all 3 session (I, II & III) you will get a jacket!
- Special pricing on Speed Camp and UrbanFIT Training. We will send you a coupon code.